INNOVATION STARTS AT ITS CORE
A distinctive design built around a super elastic stent with unique features and mechanical behavior.
• The elastic structure aims at reproducing the stress absorption properties of the native tissue at the
valve commissures level.
• The Perceval valve passed a test 3 times harder than what is required by the I.S.O. and F.D.A.
guidance (no failure after 600 million cycles)
• The Perceval stent is able to adapt to the movements of the aorta during the cardiac cycle.
INNOVATION AND HERITAGE
The Perceval tissue component is based on a double sheet design introduced by Sorin in 1985. It has shown excellent results in terms of durability.37,22
COLLAPSING, NOT CRIMPING
Examination of the results after collapsing and deployment revealed optimal cusp cooptation and absence of tears, perforation or folding.32
REDUCED PHYSIOLOGIC IMPACT OF OPERATION
• Increased visualization: the reduced collapsed profile prevents damage to the aortic wall enabling a full and direct view.
• Precise positioning: the temporary guiding sutures guide the valve along the annulus axis even in narrow spaces.
• Ease of implant: traditional valves require from 15 to 18 permanent sutures. Perceval is a truly sutureless valve.
“Atraumatic insertion of the device with self-anchoring of the prosthetic valve into its final position, minimizing the risk for iatrogenic aortic dissection or thromboembolic stroke”52
1. Shrestha M. et al. - European multicentre experience with the sutureless Perceval valve: clinical and haemodynamic outcomes up to 5 years in over 700 patients. - Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2015 Mar 6. pii: ezv040.
18. Phan K. et al. - Sutureless aortic valve replacement: a systematic review and meta-analysis. - Annals of cardiothoracic surgery, Apr 27, 2014
22. Michael O. et al. - Thourani Invited Commentary for: “Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement with Perceval S sutureless valve: Early outcomes and one-year survival from two European centers”. - The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Available online 6 October 2014, Pages
32. Della Barbera M. - Pre-implantation collapse in the Sorin Perceval S Sutureless prosthesis does not affect pericardial graft structure. - Cardiovascular pathology
45. Gilmanov D. et al. - Sutureless implantation of the perceval s aortic valve prosthesis through right anterior minithoracotomy. - Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 Dec;96(6):2101-8.
52. Santarpino G. et al. - The Perceval S Aortic Valve Has the Potential of Shortening Surgical Time: Does It Also Result in Improved Outcome? - Ann Thorac Surg. 2013 May 11.
62. Santarpino G. et al. - Sutureless Aortic Valve Replacement: First-Year Single-Center Experience. - Ann Thorac Surg 2012;94:504 –9
66. Folliguet TA. et al. - Sutureless perceval aortic valve replacement: results of two European centers. - Ann Thorac Surg. 2012 May;93(5):1483-8