EASE AND VERSATILITY OF IMPLANT
Soft, streamlined sewing cuff
• Easy to suture
• Conforms to the native annulus
• Adapts to difficult anatomies, especially in small annuli
• Radiopaque due to tungsten impregnated sewing ring
Low valve profile
• Coronary ostia clearance
• Reduced risk of interference with the
Sino-Tubular Junction in narrow aortic roots
• Suitable for either supra-annular or intra-annular positioning
• Aids visibility of aortic anatomy
TREATED TO LAST
Phospholipid reduction treatment (PRT) for mitigated calcium absorption
The presence of phospholipids in the pericardial tissue play a key role in the calcification process of bioprostheses, as their phosphate heads are potential binding sites for circulating calcium ions.
Mitroflow with PRT features Sorin’s patented Phospholipid Reduction Treatment (PRT) which has proven to decrease phospholipid content in pericardial tissue, leading to a remarkable reduction of calcium uptake compared to control tissue.*
The PRT process removes phospholipids using Octanediol, a long chain alcohol that possesses a lipid-soluble tail to aid its solubility in phospholipids's heads and a water-soluble head to allow removal by rinsing pericardial layers before valve manufacturing.
* Herijgers et al. - Anticalcification Treatments of Bioprosthetic Pericardial Heart Valve Tissue: a Comparative Experimental Study. ESCVC 2015, Istanbul.