Automatic MRI Mode
Limited time in asynchronous mode1,2
- Switches automatically to asynchronous mode when detecting a strong magnetic field
One flexible visit3
- Set MRI mode to Auto
- Select the time window for the detection of a strong magnetic field (up to 48h)
Automatic switch to normal configuration3
- Switches back 5 minutes after the patient is removed from the strong magnetic field
Proven lead technology4
- Beflex RF45D and RF46D
Sleep apnea monitoring
Our Sleep apnea monitoring algorithm (SAM) measures respiration pauses and reductions.
- Uses an MV sensor
- Provides reliable, automatic screening to detect severe sleep apnea with high specificity (85%) and high sensitivity (89%)5
- Correlated with gold standard apnea-hypopnea index5*
- Designed to monitor the evolution of sleep apnea
Sleep apnea monitoring is available in Kora 100 SR and DR.
*Apnea/hypopnea index = number of events/number of hours of sleep
**Depending on the patient profile and/or other symptoms, the physician may engage in dialogue with the patient and include a neurologist or a sleep specialist, as appropriate.
***RDI = number of ventilation pauses reductions/number of hours of monitoring
Intelligent management of AV conduction
ESC guidelines underline the importance of minimizing unnecessary ventricular pacing6
- Nearly eliminates ventricular pacing7
- Adds 2 years of device longevity8
- Manages all AV blocks9
SafeR was recently shown to be as safe and effective in AVB patients as in SND patients9
- Irnich W, Weiler G. The problems associated with asynchronous pacing stimulation. Rechtsmedizin 2009; 19:152–6.
- Nowak B et al. Safety of Asynchronous Ventricular Pacemaker Stimulation. Statement of the Working Group CardiacPacemakers of the German Cardiac Society 2005; 130:997-1001.
- SORIN MRI Solutions implant manual (U201) available at www.sorinmanuals.com
- Sorin Group Product Performance Report, May 2014.
- Defaye P, de la Cruz I, Martí-Almor J et al. A pacemaker transthoracic impedance sensor with an advanced algorithm to identify severe sleep apnea: The DREAM European study. Heart Rhythm 2014;11:842-8.
- European Society of Cardiology. Guidelines on cardiac pacing and cardiac resynchronization therapy. Magnetic resonance imaging in patients with implanted cardiac devices 2013.
- Davy JM, Hoffmann E, Frey A et al. Near elimination of ventricular pacing in SafeR mode compared to DDD modes: a randomized study of 422 patients. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2012; 35:392-402.
- Benkemoun H, Sacrez J, Lagrange P et al. Optimizing pacemaker longevity with pacing mode and settings programming: results from a pacemaker multicenter registry. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2012; 35:403-408.
- M. Stockburger, S. Boveda, P. Defaye, J. Moreno on behalf of the ANSWER Investigators. Evaluation of the SafeR Mode in patients with a dual chamber pacemaker indication (ANSWER): Long-term clinical outcome results of the ANSWER trial. European Heart Journal.2014 September.